Scientific Symposium Abstracts
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
We cordially invite you to submit an abstract focused on pulmonary embolism research to be considered for a poster presentation at the 2018 conference. Please note that projects designed to improve the care of patients with PE may include examples of novel best practices that may be applicable to other centers.
Abstracts are due by May 21, 2018.
Guidelines for submitting abstracts for the 2018 scientific symposium:
- All abstracts must be submitted online in PDF form.
- Do not exceed 2,000 characters (approximately 300 to 350 words) for the entire abstract. The character count does not include spaces, author names or institutions, or table or figure. You may include no more than one data table and one figure.
- Abstracts cannot be previously presented or published work in a peer reviewed journal. Abstracts may not have been presented in identical form at a prior conference; however, a project with updated data or analyses will be considered.
- We will not accept case reports for abstract submission.
- Presenting authors are responsible for conference registration, travel, and hotel costs. However, we encourage residents/fellows to submit abstracts, and residents/fellows whose abstracts are accepted will have their registration fee waived. Attendings will receive a $100 discount on registration. Please note, this is limited to the first author of each abstract.
- Poster presenters are responsible for poster printing and any shipping costs.
- Accepted abstracts will be compiled and made available to participants in the conference booklet. The top 3 abstracts will be presented during the symposium.
- Any poster whose presenter is unable to attend should arrange for another qualified individual to present the poster in question. If such a change is necessary, please notify Michelle Lanno (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Abstract submission needs to include:
- Keywords (3-5)
- Text and up to one figure and one table:
Organize the abstract according to four sections, identified by the following headers: Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
(Note: Trials in Progress abstract submissions may include Background and Methods sections only if needed.)
- Authors and co-authors: names, affiliates, emails, conflict of interest.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, please email Michelle Lanno (email@example.com) or Rachel Rosovsky (firstname.lastname@example.org)