The PERT Consortium is pleased to be hosting our second PERT Bootcamp on September 28th at the 8th Annual Scientific Symposium in Tampa, Florida. The course will run from 7am-1pm at the JW Marriott Tampa Water Street and consist of a combination of lectures, hands on skills sessions, interactive team building, and questions and answers. Accepted fellows will receive a stipend for travel and accommodations.
All applications are due by April 15th, 2022.
- Point of Care Echocardiogram and Interpretation
- DVT Diagnosis and Management
- Percutaneous Treatments
- Radiology Interpretation for V/Qs and CTAs
- ICU Care
At the conclusion of this activity, the participants will be able to:
- Better interpret diagnostic tests including CT pulmonary angiogram, invasive pulmonary V/Q scans, venous duplex ultrasounds, and echocardiogram.
- Refine bedside techniques for performing point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS), such as cardiac and lower extremity venous ultrasound.
- Understand the different treatment modalities including patient specific risks and benefits. The treatments will include systemic thrombolysis, anticoagulation, catheter directed thrombolysis, percutaneous clot extraction, and surgical embolectomies.
- Manage critically ill PE patients through techniques such as vasopressor support, airway management, ECMO, fluid resuscitation, etc.
- Understand long term PE management and follow-up (i.e. anticoagulation considerations/duration, thrombophilia workups, chronic thromboembolic disease and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension evaluation, who needs further imaging, etc.).
- Understand how to organize, launch, and optimize a PERT team.
Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine Attending Physician
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Thomas Jefferson University
Heart & Vascular Institute
Clinical Professor of Medicine
Wayne State University School of Medicine