The National Pulmonary Embolism Response Team Consortium is holding the 7th Annual Scientific Symposium on Pulmonary Embolism: What is Known and What We Need to Know – State of the Art and Scientific Update on October 14-16, 2021 at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts.
We cordially invite you to submit an abstract focused on pulmonary embolism research to be considered for a poster presentation at the 2021 conference. Please note that projects designed to improve the care of patients with PE may include examples of novel best practices that may be applicable to other centers.
In addition, this year PERT is partnering with the Journal of American College of Cardiology (JACC) Case Reports. We are soliciting unique and interesting cases which if selected will be presented during the annual meeting and then undergo peer review by the JACC: Case Reports editorial board and if accepted, be featured in a special minifocus issue of the journal.
Submissions deadline has expired
The selections will be announced Wednesday, September 15th, 2021
Guidelines for submitting abstracts for the 2021 scientific symposium:
- All abstracts must be submitted online in PDF form.
- Do not exceed 2,000 characters (approximately 300 to 350 words) for the entire abstract. The character count does not include spaces, author names or institutions, or table or figure. You may include no more than one data table and one figure.
- Abstracts cannot be previously presented or published work in a peer reviewed journal. Abstracts may not have been presented in identical form at a prior conference; however, a project with updated data or analyses will be considered.
- Presenting authors are responsible for conference registration, travel, and hotel costs.
- Note: residents and fellows have their registration fee waived.
- Poster presenters are responsible for poster printing and any shipping costs.
- Any poster whose presenter is unable to attend should arrange for another qualified individual to present the poster in question. If such a change is necessary, please notify Michelle Lanno (email@example.com).
- Abstract submission needs to include:
- Keywords (3-5)
- Text and up to one figure and one table:
Organize the abstract according to four sections, identified by the following headers: Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
(Note: Trials in Progress abstract submissions may include Background and Methods sections only if needed.)
- Authors and co-authors: names, affiliates, emails, conflict of interest.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, please email Michelle Lanno (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rachel Rosovsky (email@example.com).
Please see the steps below to submit a case report for consideration to be presented at the 7th Annual Pulmonary Embolism Symposium.
- Fill out the Case Report Application below.
- Please submit a shortened version of the Case Report for review (300-350 words). More information on submission guidelines can be found here.
- A reviewing committee from The PERT Consortium® will evaluate the case reports and select those to be presented.
- If selected for presentation at the Annual Symposium, you are eligible to submit the case through the JACC portal found here. In the cover letter, please indicate that the case is related to the PERT Consortium®. The case will undergo a separate peer review process and, if selected, be featured in a PERT Consortium® minifocus issue of JACC.